

For the Typology assignment I would like to take different pictures of fences, gates and walls. The idea would be to show the differing types of material used in the construction of fences, gates and walls. In addition to this, I would like the pictures to highlight the distinctive difference between walls designed to keep things in, the ones designed to keep people out and the ones designed just to be decorative and add to the visual appeal of the property. The inclusion of animals such as horses or cows would help to show the differences between these types of walls, the practical versus the pretty.
The way in which the community reacts to barriers being placed within them is also important. If i can, I wish to get pictures of some walls or fences that have been painted over and have graffiti. Luckily enough, due to the time of the year, the lighting and weather i believe will fit this project should be easy to come by. A cloudy sky and windy days are what I am looking for to help the fences, gates and walls become true focal points, whether it helps them to stand out, or blend in a manner that will draw the viewers focus. I would like to take the pictures in a way so that the fence would extend into the distance on the left side of the frame, with the foreground being on the right. Places where I could take these pictures are numerous close to where I live. Some examples would be The Hoosac School, Southern Vermont College and the Fourwinds Farm.
As we discussed in class: nice proposal.
ReplyDeleteVery nice:
"I would like the pictures to highlight the distinctive difference between walls designed to keep things in, the ones designed to keep people out and the ones designed just to be decorative and add to the visual appeal of the property."