(One of my proposed, un-edited, art night images)
Earlier in the year one of my classmates remarked to me that I always seem to take pictures and seek out scenes that involve mankind, the human populace, making some sort of impact upon nature. I never truly realized until I heard this how true it really was. I have taken pictures of a ladder placed against a tree in the middle of a forest, a sign placed on a tree riddled with shotgun pellets, a large and ornate well surrounded by wilderness and an entire set of pictures devoted to how fences separate people and nature. For Art Night I decided to go against my newly discovered style and take pictures that show nature taking back what once belonged to it. I wanted to show that you can discover something new anywhere and at anytime, that there is beauty in the old as well as the new, the shiny and the gritty.
No comments:
Post a Comment